Thursday, May 6, 2010

Worth it?


Soooo I broke my wrist. More specifically, I broke my radius and it's completely separated from my hand. I have a cast on and if in a week my wrist isn't healing straight, I'll have to get screws put into it. What's funny though is that I'm really not as sad and depressed to be in a cast as I thought I would be. First of all the cast is highlighter yellow, my favorite color, so I can't be that upset when I look at it. But also, even when thinking back to how I broke my wrist, from a bad tackle, I still can't find myself feeling that bad about it. Why? At first I was super embarrassed and ashamed that I made a bad tackle and paid a huge price for it. Everyone told me multiple times that "I got owned" and they were 100% right. But now when I think about it, I don't really regret making that bad tackle. I don't even feel afraid for when I get out of this cast and play rugby again ASAP; the second I'm good to go I'll be ready to hit someone as hard as I can. I would rather have made that bad tackle than no tackle at all. And when I say "bad" tackle, I don't mean a cheap hit like grabbing someone by the collar or making a high tackle; I just mean when you make a clean attempt and it doesn't succeed. I know that I would make 50 million more bad tackles, get plowed over and beaten 50 million more times, before I EVER just let someone get by me without putting up a fight. People can try and "own" me all day, and I'll take it, but I will get owned as many times as it takes and get back up every time until I am able to lay someone out and make that good solid tackle. A million of failures at tackling is worth one successful hit. Especially in the area of tackling for rugby, trying and failing is better than not trying at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment