Monday, May 17, 2010

It never ends.

It's tough being in a cast when I'm used to go go going without it. I'm trying so hard to still work out with it on, but it's super tough considering I'm not allowed to sweat a lot. I tried going on the stationary bike at the gym, but it was SO boring compared to the running I normally like to do where I pump hard, go as fast as I can, and wear my body out until I feel like I'm going to throw up my insides all over myself and my entire body is going to collapse into a blob on the floor. I had to go on the bike for an hour to try and even get something close to a work out, and my legs felt somewhat worked out after that decent time of being on a bike, but that is just sooo long to be sitting and not going very fast. But I can't just sit back and wait for this thing to come off; I have to do something. No matter what it's going to be hard enough already to get back on track for rugby. I never fully think I'm in good enough shape, and even after 3 months in a row of hardcore working out I still always feel like I have so much more to work on.
On that note, the other day my friend who also lives and dies for rugby and is one of the most passionate players I've ever seen said to me, "I still have so much to learn," when we were casually talking one time about rugby. It was funny to hear this from a person that I have learned so much from, but what I realized is that everyone always has so much more to learn in rugby because there's no such thing as actually fully mastering the sport. There are so many things about rugby that are so dynamic and always changing that there is always room for improvement and change. No matter how good you are, how much experience you have, or how many tries you've scored, you're always a student to the sport of rugby. Everyone has their own individual playing style, and every time you play with or against someone new you learn something different. It never ends, and although it sounds grueling and like a tiring endless process, it's actually what makes rugby awesome. Rugby will always be just as exciting as the first time you stepped onto a pitch because of this fact. The phenomenon of rugby will never end or leave your life! It's such a wonderful feeling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment