Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Motion Sickness.

WOO! What a day filled with rugby!! My life truly does revolve around this sport and this team, but I wouldn't want to live life any other way.
Yesterday, I guess it was a little hotter outside than I expected.....I went on about a 5 mile run (not too bad) trying to weave in some speed workouts and overall run it at a pretty decent pace (still not bad). But at the end, maybe it was just from having too much sun or something, because I threw up and had a little trouble breathing. It was even tough to walk back home in the sun because my skin felt like it was burning. HAHA this is all super embarrassing to admit because the workout isn't that strenuous and all the things that happened to me sound so dramatic. But eh, I'm glad it happened. Now when I run it again today and/or tomorrow, it'll be easier!
So after the run, I had to venture out to a meeting that was about an hour and a half away that had to do with rule changes and such this year. Listening to the logistics were kind of boring, like what paperwork we need to have in before each game and stuff, but it was exciting just to hear a ref talking about the game in general, even it was in the form of rules. And it was exciting to hear people shouting out random questions about things that could happen in the game, God it got my heart pumping!! It's unreal to know that the best of this season hasn't even come yet: game play! Then straight from the meeting I traveled all the way back to campus to make it mid way through our showing of INVICTUS on campus!! There weren't many people there who aren't on the rugby team already, but I missed the beginning where more people may have been present. But anyways, I guess all of these events combined just make me in heaven right now: it's nice to think and know that I am in the midst of the greatest time of the year with so much more to come. I have high hopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment