Sunday, February 21, 2010

The aftermath

WOW I am SOO sore today, but that's a good thing! I'm glad that I got to use muscles I may not have used in a while in Winterfest yesterday. The huge bruise I have on my knee is beautiful hahaha! This morning I could not get out of bed until around 1pm, and then all I did was eat breakfast and then sit in bed again. The second time I woke up I felt even worse and more sore than the first! And that was when I realized how important it was for me to pull myself out of bed today and get working out, even though I was hurting. The longer I sit around and wait to get back on the treadmill, the harder it's going to be. So I kicked myself out of bed, did a lot of yoga in my room, and headed to the gym. I'm really really happy that I did, because I don't feel like I've fallen behind at all. Also, the all star practice is next Saturday, and I know for a fact that I am not even close to being in shape and less than a week is not a lot of time to change that. BUT, if I really work hard this week, it should definitely make a huge difference. I hope that by tomorrow I am not sore anymore so I can push myself farther. The only thing that scared me a little today was while I was running I thought I could feel my achilles pulling again in my right ankle, which is a VERY bad sign for me. It's going to be tough to figure out whether or not to push myself at the gym this week or fall back a little to prevent injury. I don't know, I'm nervous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment