Monday, February 22, 2010

Noooo

So I just asked my friend who is an athletic training major about my ankle....and she told me I shouldn't run until at least WEDNESDAY!! Yikes! This is such a bummer! And when I am able to get back on the treadmill on Wednesday, I probably won't even be able to go the 200% I wanted to either. Hopefully, the amount of effort I have put in during the past couple of weeks and at Winterfest will be a good enough backbone for me to be able to still run my hardest and my fastest. I wanted whatever level my hardest and fastest is to be higher by the time the awesome rugby practices comes on Saturday, but I guess I can hopefully still do my best and do well with what I've accomplished already. I just hate having to limit myself, or thinking that I'm limited. I've always been about reaching for the stars and thinking that anything is possible if you work hard and never ever give up. I just hate it that the injury I've had forever (bad ankles/super weak achilles) flares up usually when I think I'm really making strides and pushing myself. It's super annoying! And in the past, I've always tried to ignore the injury and push through it, which has obviously always resulted in tearing or just no progression in healing. Ugh it's so incredibly frustrating. I can't think of it as a limit though, and I won't think of it as a limit. I'll never stop putting in the absolute amount of effort I possibly can into rugby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment