Friday, September 26, 2014

HEYO TOBAGO (rhyme)

Still cannot believe it, but I am going to be heading off to TOBAGO in December for some competitive sevens rugby!!!
















I'm even more pumped because I know that this time around, when I enter the high competition rugby realm I'll be WAY more prepared than I was when I had the opportunity to go to Vegas. Every single day that I am able to go to practice or play in a game, I'm a better player than I was the day before.

Experience and exposure = Improvement. No matter what. Even if you're just on the sidelines during a game.

From the life situation I was in last year, my training and rugby experience was EXTREMELY limited. When I played in the Vegas sevens tournament in early January, the last time I had played rugby was in OCTOBER....and that was a sporadic, spur-of-the-moment, borrow-this-person's-cleats-and-that-person's-shorts tournament.
It was devastating to come to the realization in early spring that even though I was still 100% putting in everything I could possibly spare into rugby, it wasn't enough. Not even close. This realization is partially what made me move home and [temporarily] leave the social work realm. 

NOW, I am so blessed to be an active member of a welcoming and hard working rugby team here in my hometown. I'm learning new things every single day and meeting amazing people in the process. There's no way in hell I would be going to Tobago without everything I have learned with this team and the dedication/structure that has come along with it. 
With that being said: I should also give a major shout out to the crossfit box I am a part of, The Swamp. Another incredibly accepting and motivating group of individuals. Again, without the records of weight training and speed workouts from them I wouldn't be where I am today.

WANNA JOIN THE CAUSE AND HELP ME IN MY PURSUIT?!

DONATE TO MY FUNDRAISER!




















If you donate $20 or more, you'll receive one of these freakin' awesome stars n stripes bracelets!!!

Click here to donate: http://www.gofundme.com/eyxnks 

No comments:

Post a Comment