Monday, August 30, 2010

And so it begins...

TODAY.
RUGBY PRACTICES START TODAY.
TODAY.
TODAY.
TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait!!! We even had over 20 people sign up for the team at our activities fair, and they all seemed really enthusiastic about it. I hope that I am doing enough fitness to be prepared for the upcoming season; I've been working hard for this moment. I've even been trying to eat super duper healthy. But I have to admit, I've had a lot of doubts in my ability over the summer and even some right now. I feel like I have no natural talent for rugby whatsoever, and that I am lucky that I love the sport so much and work so hard at it or I would just be left in the dust. I feel like if I don't work out and do every-single-little-thing I possibly can to be in shape for a game, then I'm going to be awful. I envy the players who skip practices, hate running and working out, and can still step on a rugby field and absolutely dominate. Maybe they have some sort of unbreakable mentality about themselves that makes them so good, and maybe they rely on that more than sheer hard work. And I'm not saying that I don't like working hard and putting a lot of effort into rugby, but it does cause me a ton of stress and pressure that I personally put on myself. I hope that I can get to the point where I am confident enough in myself to think that no matter what, I will dominate on the rugby field.

I'll get there, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment