Wednesday, January 22, 2014

HOLY SCHNIKES!

IT'S HERE!

FINALLY HERE!

...I'm freaking out.

I keep trying to remind myself of my main goals for this tournament so that I don't get too nervous:

  1. Create this into as much of a learning experience as possible. I plan on this trip being primarily an absorption of training, skills, tactics, what-have-you for rugby. I need to stay as sponge-like as possible for information. Note pad and pen everywhere I go!!! (ironically, I almost always forget the note pad on site and end up resorting to writing on my arm, my sock, a napkin...)
  2. Meet and connect with rugby players from all over the nation and world, who will all have something to offer in my quest to learn as much about rugby as possible.
  3. Pay close attention to ways that I can keep up training/practicing in the aftermath of the tournament, so that everything I gain from the trip isn't lost within the month.
  4. Maintain/build on self confidence and belief in myself while playing, since this is one of the single most important skills you need in order to be an effective rugger in the first place!
  5. On that note.....NOT beat myself up and/or be my worst enemy when I screw up or make mistakes. And in order to ensure that this happens remind myself CONSTANTLY of the goals listed above.
  6. HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TIME SURROUNDED BY ONE OF THE BEST KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD....RUGGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment