Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No regrets.

This cast has obviously been such a nuisance, even at the moment it is so uncomfortable and painful I can hardly sit here in bed with my sanity. But every single time I am bothered by my cast (which is A LOT), I ask myself, "Worth it? Still worth it?"

And every-single-time the answer is still yes.

Even though I've had to endure six weeks of awfulness with this cast on, I still would not take back the tackle I tried to make in the alumni game. And I think that's a really good thing, because if I regretted trying to make that tackle the slightest bit then when going back into rugby I may develop fear and hesitation for tackling in general. But on the contrary, you can put me in a body cast for life before I hesitate to make a tackle. I don't plan on backing down one bit after all of this is over :)

Sometimes I still replay the scene in my head, when I got schooled and everyone laughed at me and made fun of me for a while after the game for getting owned and trying to make a bad tackle. But why were they laughing? I'm not ashamed. I don't think it was something to make fun of someone about and be embarrassed about. I'm actually really proud of myself, I don't care how stupid I looked. I guess people can laugh at me getting plowed over by other people forever, but that won't change the fact that I'll still get back up and try 10000% to run head on at someone and tackle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment